Health Care System
- AusPIPS works with the healthcare system by working directly with governments, government departments, hospitals, physicians and other medical professionals along with contact with users of the healthcare system.
- When asked for assistance to resolve an issue we make contact with relevant stakeholders and work together to bring about a remedy.
- We are currently working on making SCIg a viable option for people on IVIg in Australia who qualify for SCIg.
- We are also working with the peak doctors’ body ASCIA, the Australasian Society of Clinical Immunology and Allergy, on bringing about the National Immunodeficiency Strategy.
- We also collaborate with stakeholders on request, as long as the project fits into our legal purpose “to provide advocacy and support for people with Primary Immune Deficiencies (PID) and chronic illnesses, secondary to PID, and their Carers, in Australia.” and will improve outcomes and quality of life for people with PID.